Irish Lotto is a simple, online, lottery draw game introduced in 1998 by National Lottery, Ireland. In this game you can pick any six numbers from 1 to 47 and one bonus number to win a jackpot. The minimum play for Lotto is two lines per draw at the cost of €4. You can play additional lines for €2 per line. The biggest Lotto jackpot of amount €18.9 Million won by 16 workers from Co Carlow.
Main Draw: 5, 7, 10, 19, 21, 35 Booster 36
Plus 1: 14, 19, 22, 33, 42, 43 Booster 5
Plus 2: 3, 6, 12, 29, 36, 44 Booster 34
How to Play?
This draw game is easy to play, and you must be at the age of 18 or over. You should play for fun and enjoyment not for making money. Irish Lotto can be played in two different ways.
How to play Irish Lotto In-stores?
- Get your play slip from National Lottery agent.
- Select any 6 numbers of your choice from 1-47 numbers written on play slip.
- Mark (QP) quick pick box to select your numbers randomly. OR
- Ask the agent to select the QP directly for selection of numbers.
- You can get tickets until 7:45 pm before draw and next sale start soon after draw at 7:55pm.
- Mark OPT for Wednesday draw, Saturday draw or both.
- Mark ‘PLUS’ to your ticket for an additional €1 per line.
- Mark the Advance Play box for how many times you want to play.
How to play Irish Lotto online?
- Register yourself to play online via National Lottery official website or app.
- Choose your 6 numbers from 1-47 on the ticket on your screen. OR
- Mark the QP button for automatic Quick Pick numbers OR
- You can choose numbers by selecting “My Last Ticket” if you have played before OR
- You can also choose your numbers by going to “My Favorite” to choose from your list of saved favorite numbers.
- Lotto Plus is an additional game, so you have the option to select or de-select Lotto Plus.
- You can play more than once so choose the number of Advance Play draws you want.
- Just in one click you can enter to play game.
- You can check your purchases when you want by using your online account.
Cost of Irish Lotto Ticket
Value of Irish Lotto ticket is €2 per line and for Lotto Plus an extra €1 per line is required. You cannot play Lotto Plus without playing Irish Lotto. You must purchase at least two lines. So, the initial cost of Irish Lotto is €4 and with Lotto Plus it is €6.
What is Lotto Plus?
Lotto Plus is an additional game to play with main Irish Lotto to get more chances to win a jackpot. Lotto Plus 1 and Plus 2 are played alongside the main Irish Lotto draw for an extra €1 per line in which your Lotto numbers are entered into both Lotto Plus draws to increase the winning chances.
For this, mention Add Plus on your ticket. By marking add plus you also get entry into the Lotto Plus Raffle. In Lotto Plus Raffle you can win extra money. If a four-digit raffle code given to you at the time of purchase matches the code drawn as the winner, you receive €500.
Lotto Plus draws
Every Wednesday and Saturday Lotto Plus draws are held along with the main Lotto draw to give you more chances to win. For this, mark “One Box” when you play Lotto, and you will be entered into three more games such as Lotto Plus 1, Plus 2 and the Plus Raffle.
- To play Lotto Plus, select the Plus option on your ticket.
- Select six numbers from 1 to 39 at random.
- A four-digit raffle code for each line of Lotto numbers is given to you.
- You have to play two lines at a total cost of €2.
- As you know you cannot enter Lotto Plus without playing Lotto. So, you would therefore have to pay €6.
- You must take part in all games if you add the option of Lotto Plus game to your ticket because it is not possible to play just one of the Lotto Plus games.
Lotto Plus Prizes
- Amounts of all Lotto Plus prizes are fixed.
- The overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 10 when you play as combine Lotto and Lotto Plus.
- The Lotto Plus 1 jackpot stands at €1 million in every draw.
- Lotto Plus 2 offers a jackpot of €250,000 and seven other ways to win.
- The Lotto Plus Raffle gives you the opportunity to win €500.
Irish Lotto winning Prizes
Irish Lotto offers eight prizes to win including one jackpot of worth €2 million. If your selected numbers exactly match the numbers drawn you are winner and claim for the jackpot.
To win other prizes, your selected numbers must match at least two numbers plus the Bonus Ball. The Bonus Ball is selected from the remaining 41 numbers after the main six have been drawn. The overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 29.
How to Claim winning Prizes?
If you win the game the next step is to get your prize. It depends on how you played either with purchasing winning ticket in-store or via online.
Claiming prizes in-stores
- Claim your prize from National lottery retailers within 90 days of draw, otherwise you will not be entertained.
- The National Lottery does not have a record of your identity unlike online entries so do your signatures on back of your ticket.
- Prizes of €100 to € 2,500 can be claimed from any National Lottery retailer.
- Prizes up to €15,000 can be claimed from claim centers, run by An Post, the previous licensee of the National Lottery. There are more than 30 prize claim centers across Ireland.
- You can also claim by posting your signed ticket to The National Lottery, Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1† along with your name, photo and address details.
- Prizes of €15,000 and above can only claimed from the National Lottery headquarters in Dublin. First, you should contact the National Lottery as soon as possible on 1800 666 222 (Monday-Friday from 9:15am – 5:30pm).
Claiming prizes online
- It is very simple and easy to claim your winnings online.
- If you win, you will be informed as your entries are stored in your lottery account.
- Most prizes will either be paid into your online account or will be sent to you in the form of a cheque.
- Prizes up to €99 are paid directly into your online lottery account.
- You will receive a cheque from the National Lottery for prizes between €100 and €500 to the address you provided when creating your account.
- Premier Lotteries Ireland (PLI) will contact you for prizes between €501 and €9,000. After verification of your details, you will receive a claim form. You must fill it and submit before issuance of cheque.
- Prizes over €10,000 or more, you will need to visit the National Lottery headquarters in Dublin. At your appointment, your age and identity will be verified then you are issued the cheque.
Check Your Winning Numbers
If you want to check your numbers, then keep in touch with Irish Lotto.
Irish Lotto Online Betting
- Betting on Irish Lotto is an easy way to win big money. Instead of purchasing a ticket, you can enjoy the game by betting on the results even if you are out of Ireland.
- It is quick and simple to bet on the Irish Lotto by logging into Jackpot.com and enter into official draw.
- You can pick six numbers from 1 to 47.
- You can choose your own numbers or select a Quick Pick to select your numbers randomly.
- Move on to the next panel and repeat the process to play more than one bet. You can add up to eight bets to the cart at once.
- You can add bet on just the next draw or subscribe to enter all draws for either one month or three months.
- The benefit of a subscription is that you do not have to worry about entering bets before every draw and discounts can sometimes be available on each bet.
- Click Add to Cart when you are done and select ‘Pay’ to complete your purchase.
Irish Lotto Bonus Ball
- The Bonus Balls for Irish Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 are important to create additional prizes. The players of Irish Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 must pick and match six numbers to win the jackpot. There are seven balls drawn in each game.
- The seventh is the Bonus Ball that is selected from the remaining 41 balls in the machine. The Bonus ball is added to play when you match two, three, four or five main numbers in Irish Lotto and three, four or five main Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 balls.
- The players also offer bets on one or more of the Bonus Balls from Irish Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2. Paddy Power allows bet on the color of the Irish Lotto Bonus Ball.
Irish Lotto Statistics
Irish Lotto statistics are provided on official web page of National Lottery. These are updated after every draw, and you can avail the information for all new and previous draws.
These stats show you the useful information about how often each number has been selected and won, the most selected numbers, the least common and the most overdue, common pairs and triplets, plus tables and charts of previous jackpots. You can see the numbers in Numerical Order or by Frequency Order.